“All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.” — Ephesians 1:3
1. What do you think it means to be “united with Christ?”
2. What are some blessings you’ve received from God?
We’ve been talking about all the ways that God has blessed us because “we are united with Christ.” Let’s do a quick review:
- God created everything: You are chosen! You are created!
- Everything in Christ: You are loved!
- God gives everyone salvation: You are saved!
- Everyone through Christ: You are new! You are free!
- Every way like Christ: You are rooted! You are called!
- I grow in every way: You are growing!
- Every day like Christ: You are strong! You are bold!
- I go every day: You are ready!
Which one means the most to you and why? Share with the group.
Before we close out our season and our time together, there are three very important truths that I want you to remember as you carry on competing:
Truth #1: You were made on purpose for a purpose. Everything He has done from the beginning of time is for reason, and you are a part of His master plan.
God created a purpose for you—a purpose that’s bigger than anything that happens on the field of competition. And that purpose is to worship God and to tell others the Good News about Jesus.
Ephesians 2:10 says, “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”
Truth #2: You can trust God and His Word. Everything He says is true and intended to help you. God will never let you down and He will always have your best interest in mind. We learn this truth in Proverbs 3:5-6:
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.”
Because you can trust God, you can also trust everything that is found inside the pages of the Bible—His Holy Word. And that Word has the power to change your life forever.
Hebrews 4:12 tells us, “For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.”
Truth #3: God loves you and sent Jesus: Everything He has done is because you mean the world to Him—so much that He gave up His Son to have a relationship with you.
God had to make that sacrifice because you were born with sin in your heart and at risk of being eternally separated from Him.
In Romans 6:23, we learn, “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Once you understand those three truths, you are going to be equipped and ready to accept God’s call for your life—to love God and love others!
That’s what being united with Christ is all about. That’s why God wants to give us all of these spiritual blessings—so that we can do His will and help others experience His love.
Let’s go back and talk for a minute about those three truths.
- What do you think your response should be to knowing that God created you for a purpose?
- How might you be challenged as you begin to trust God and His Word?
- How does knowing that God loves you enough to sacrifice His Son Jesus for you change the way you see yourself and others around you?
Let’s close out our Huddle Time in prayer:
“Dear God, thank You for all of Your spiritual blessings. I want to love You more and love others better. Help me trust and obey Your Word so I can fulfill the purpose to which I have been called. Amen.”