“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” – Jeremiah 29:11
Let’s break into pairs and take a few minutes to get to know each other better. Tell each other your names and then ask each other the following questions:
1. What is your favorite part about being a part of this team?
2. What’s one goal you have for this season?
Let’s share with the group what we’ve learned about each other.
My job as your coach is to help you learn and grow through athletic competition. One way I do that is by teaching you a game plan that will give you the best chance to be successful. I do this because I love you and value you as a person and as a very important part of this team.
But God, the One who created us all, loves you even more! And He wants you on His team! He has given you a Game Plan for your life. It’s an amazing plan that explains His purpose for your life and gives you everything you need to change your world!
Isn’t it amazing that the Creator of the universe cares for you like that?
During our Huddle Time over the next few practices, we are going to talk about God’s Game Plan for your life. Here’s what God wants us to know:
- You were made on purpose for a purpose.
- You can trust God and His Word.
- God loves you and has sent Jesus.
- Love God and love others.
Let’s huddle up and repeat those points together.
(Repeat a point and have players repeat after you…then move to the next point.)
- I was made on purpose for a purpose!
- I can trust God and His Word!
- God loves me and has sent Jesus!
- Love God and love others!
Let’s close in prayer together:
“Dear God, thank You for giving us this time together. Help us learn more about You as we meet every week. Amen.”