- Area 20x20yds with goal at one end, set-out as illustrated.
- 6 players (incl. GK), with outfield players arranged in2’s who are active & 3 Servers.
- Supply of balls, with 3 Servers
- Practice starts with: 2 Attackers working in grid as a pair, receiving ball fed-in from any side.
- A’s combine, one A shoots, partner rebounds.
- Coach may introduce a line (e.g. 10yds from goal), inside which a shot may not be taken.
- Server & shooter change places, to continue practice.
- Area can be modified, depending on age & ability of players.
- Awareness of positions & movement of all players involved in practice whilst moving to receive ball.
- Feints to shoot at goal & supply team mates with possession.
- Combination skills to produce scoring opportunity when D’sare introduced.
- Assessing GK’s position & how to score.
- Excellence in the strike of ball once the decision has been made how to beat GK.
- Rebound all shots at goal.
- Simple progression for this practice is:
- Movement to receive ball in a half-turned position.
- First touch of ball sets up opportunity to strike at goal or is the strike at goal.
- Assess position of support player & GK.
- Rebound any strike at goal from support players strike or own initial shot.