- Area 20x20yds with goal at one end, set out as illustrated.
- 8 players (incl. GK), with outfield players arranged in2’s who are active as Attackers or Defenders, plus 3 Servers.
- Supply of balls, with 3 Servers.
- Practice starts with 2 Attackers working in grid as a pair, receiving ball fed-in from any side.
- A’s combine; one A shoots, partner rebounds.
- D’s operate as they would in a game.
- Server & shooter change places, to continue practice.
- Area can be modified, depending on age & ability of players.
- Awareness of positions & movement of all players involved in practice whilst moving to receive ball.
- Feints to shoot at goal & supply teammates with possession.
- Combination skills to produce scoring opportunities.
- Assessing GK’s position & how to score.
- Excellence in the strike of ball once the decision has been made how to beat GK.
- Movement to receive ball in a half-turned position.
- First touch of ball sets up opportunity to strike at goal or is the strike at goal.
- Assess position of support player & GK.
- Rebound any strike at goal from support players strike or own.
- Possible ‘combinations’ between forward players
- Rebound all shots at goal.
- D’s play man-to-man, or mark-and-cover