Set up a series of cones in a zig-zag pattern. Cones should be about 6-yards apart. You can place a defender at each cone if desired.
The drill begins when the first player runs full speed at an angle towards the second cone. When he reaches the cone, he should spin as he heads towards the next cone.
KEY FOCUS POINTS
- A good spin move takes practice to develop.
- Players should spin so the direction of the spin pushes them towards the next cone.
- Have players hold a football as they keep it tucked properly.
- Be sure players are in control of their body as they spin.
- Start players at 34 speed and work to full-speed as they get the hang of it.